Healthcare RMIS software brings all patient-related data into one place, allowing for faster, easier, deeper analysis. It breaks down silos and establishes a common language for achieving a safer environment. Having all data housed in one platform also gives you the unobstructed vision necessary to pick up on small warning signs and trends before they evolve into bigger problems – or even catastrophic events.
Those are the big picture benefits – which are all well and good. But what difference will a healthcare RMIS make in your daily life? Here are the top 10 benefits of a healthcare RMIS on a practical level:
1. Convenient system of record for incidents and claims. One primary location houses all relevant information on an incident or claim, including clinical, insurance, financial, and legal data.
2. Integrated insurance policy and program data. Allows for easier renewal processing, policy erosion, program layer erosion, validation of policy coverage/limits, validation or appropriate coverages vs. loss data, and brokerage responsibility.
3. Easy financial reporting. Standard reports such as loss runs, valuation date, loss triangles, and loss modeling, are typically included.
4. Integrated exposure data. Integrates, collects, and normalizes data using common metrics and exposure data sets.
5. More meaningful loss data. You can establish metrics, goals, or indicators, which allows for performance improvement, trending, and benchmarking.
6. Organizational standards for data, process, and operations. You can offload data and integrate new data for acquisitions and divestitures in a repeatable and precise manner.
7. Provider performance tracking. You can investigate, document, and improve provider performance as it relates to incidents and losses.
8. Optimizes and standardizes workflow. Establishes risk-specific processes, best practices, and solutions that are flexible enough to incorporate existing workflows, while also offering improvements.
9. Improved reporting and analytics. Aggregates, distributes, and normalizes data in a proven, timely, and cost-effective manner.
10. Industry trends. Using SaaS solutions from a RMIS vendor makes it easy to stay on top of industry trends – plus you’ll always have access to the latest system features and functionality.
In short, a healthcare RMIS makes it easier to do your job – and do it well. And that may be the biggest benefit of all.